The City of Claremont Police Department has a staff of 9 full-time officers, 1 Administrative Assistant, and 15 part-time officers. Each officer is certified by the North Carolina Department of Justice Education of Training Standards Commission. Also, each officer is sworn to enforce North Carolina's criminal law and procedure, and the laws and ordinances of the City of Claremont.
The Police Department provides police services to its citizens around the clock through routine vehicle and foot patrol, crime prevention, traffic control, criminal investigations, and traffic accident investigations.
The Police Department also offers the following programs and services to citizens:
- Vacation Home Checks
- Personal Property Identification
- Personal Property Inventory
- Crime Prevention Informational Materials
- Community Watch Programs
- Community Watch Sign
- Child Fingerprinting
- Drug Abuse Programs
- Safety Classes for Businesses
- Safety Classes for Private Citizens
- Child Safety Seat Installations and Inspections
- Pill Stoppers Disposal of Prescription Drugs
For additional information on these programs, please call 466-7265 during the hours of 8-5, Monday -Friday.